Re: non AMC powered AMCs <not too long!> (was: GremlinTime)

Re: non AMC powered AMCs <not too long!> (was: GremlinTime)

Another thought to add to this truth pointed out by Eddie: As more of
our AMC's are crushed, the blocks are disappearing along with them.
No more are being produced. Our (and God knows I hate this
term) 'orphan' auto line will truly become extinct if some of us
don't save the bodies, parts, etc. powered by ____________ (fill in
the blank) if necessary. How many times I have heard people wanting
to convert to EFI, upgrade braking systems, exhausts, and so
on...does this diminish the standard or improve the breed? The pure
all-stock AMC cars with the impossibly impeccable original parts are
dwindling as our line is depleted in junkyards all across the
country. Why do I choose AMC? I don't really know - guess it started
with the love of a unique car....that just happened to carry the red,
white, & blue logo.*grin* -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> And the reason is simple: I have personally witnessed over 8000+,
count them, eight thousand plus, American Motors built vehicles
crushed here in Houston alone since 1983.
> Why? No one took a chance on them.
> While parts are getting more and more difficult to find, we are
losing more and more cars.