Re: Interior Color

Date sent: 12 Feb 2004 13:10:18 -0000
From: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Digest Number 233
Send reply to: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 15
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:06:29 EST
From: Plumpy72@xxxx
Subject: Re: Black interior questions

In a message dated 2/11/2004 6:24:31 PM Central Standard Time,
dsinks@xxxx writes:
Ok Im painting my tan interior black. On the plastic parts should I
just use spray paint and then use vinyl paint on the dash pad?

Should all of it be semi flat black? or should I gloss it all?
People will say "you should do it this way" or "you should have done it
that
way." However, when it comes down to the final decision, the choice is
yours.
It's your Gremlin. I've seen cars with interiors ranging from mild to
wild.

As far as deciding between a gloss, semi-gloss or flat finish, it is a
matter
of personal taste. Using two different finishes, such as a gloss on the
dash
and a semi-gloss on the instrument panel and glove box surround could give
more detailed appearance. It just depends on what makes YOU happy.

Unless you live out in the middle of nowhere, you should be able to find a
paint and body supply in your area. If nothing else, ask someone at a body
shop
where they get there supplies. I purchased a couple cans of SEM's paint
for my
vine crash pad at my local supplier. It was cheaper than ordering on line.
As
far as paint for the plastic, I have had success using cans of
Dupli-Color,
High Heat spray paint from my local parts house. It adheres well and it
gives
me the look I'm happy with. I have also used the same paint on various
metal
pieces as well as bolts and screws.

Good luck with your project and let us know how it goes.

Rick

Paint the InteriorYellow !

Paint the Interior with SEM - works nicely .

Brien.
NEW YORK