Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Garage Ideas??????????

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Garage Ideas??????????

In a message dated 1/23/2004 8:01:00 PM Central Standard Time, hemmigremmie@xxxx writes:

What type of garages do you
fellas have? Any pointers, goods or bads with companies, products,
ect...???
Im having it placed were my old trailor was and it has the electric,
water and sewage ran already. I think Im gonna run some tubbing thru
the concrete so I can run my air hose line thru it and it wont be in
my way across the floor.

Gee..........decisions, decisions, decisions. It must be nice.

My garage was supposed to for two cars. It's amazing how crowded a garage can get. A lot of the work on my Gremlin is done one side at a time. The front wheels are on dollies and the car is up against the wall. If I need to work on the opposite side, I put a floor jack under the rear end and swing it around as the front moves on the dollies. Once I get it spun around, I push it back up against the wall. Sometime I'll leave it in the middle of thegarage when I plan to want to do some serious work. A shop the size of my garage would be fine if all I had in it was the Gremlin, my tools and the compressor. If it weren't for the Impala, the Harley, the deep freezer, the washer and the dryer, I would have all the room I need.

I don't know that I would put air lines in the foundation though. It would keep the air chilled and condensation could build in the system. Keep air lines up high and try to install a couple of drops. Any moisture can run down into a drop.

My upright compressor is in the corner of the garage. I ran PVC pipe up thewall to the ceiling, then installed a drop on each side of the garage. ThePVC pipe was easy to cut, glue and hang. One drop has a regulator with a water trap and the other is just an air hose fitting. Between the air compressor and the PVC pipe, I used a piece of reinforced air hose. It works great for me.

If you have enough room for a lift, then you must be planning on building alarge garage. Something that large could get in the way and you could put the money you would have spent on the lift can go toward the AMC fund.

Good luck and have fun building what a lot of us only dream about.

Rick