Re: Disc Brake Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
> Doc,
> I got all my parts from ebay so far. Prices were much better then the local parts store.
> When it came to get the new leafs and poly bushings for the rear Locals wanted 400 bucks! I got 5 leaf HD rear springs with the polly bushings for just over 200 from ESPO Springs and things.
> Davis
> Sounds like you are doing a first class job on the whole front end. I rebuilt the fron't end in the yellow Hornet 2 years ago, but my friend sold his shop before I could do the disc brake conversion. I know the new car will need brakes all around and some front end work but it will have to wait till spring. The car tracks straight and dosent wander down the road and stops straight with no noise from the brakes. I only have made 300 miles on the car in 4 months that I have had it and only use it locally. Idler arms and pitman arms seem to be a bit pricy here locally. We are supposed get 4-5 inches of snow sunday into monday so I guess I better get the new batttery in the yellow Hornet today and stock up on the usual esentials for the house. Good thing I got all these plastic interior parts to work on when I an stuck in the house for 4-5 days at a time.
> "Doc"
>

> Terms of Service.

When my yellow Hornet was new I had an extra leaf made by a local spring shop and I installed it to make it a 5 leaf spring. When I freshend them up a few years back I added Espo's plastic sliders between the leaf's and a set of urathane front eye bushings and and their urathane shackle kit. (sorry for the urathane spelling) I was pleased with their products, quality wise and price wise. People said the urathane bushing would squeek and the car would ride harder. They did neither. I used the lube supply'd with the bushings and haven't heard a squeek since I installed everything and that has to be 2-3 years ago. As far as ESPO's leaf springs I have heard pro's and cons on them on the AMX Files. The new Hornet needs new rear springs. So at this time I don't know who's springs I will use. This will be a spring time decision. ("LOL") Any input on the ESPO springs from peope that have some milage and years of use on them?
"Doc"