Re: Disc Brake Question

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx> wrote:
> Doc,
> I got the setup off from an 82 concord. Unfortinatly all I could use was the spindles. I bought new wheel bearings, new seals, new rotors, new calipers, and new pads. The brake hoses were 39.00 ea so I just hooked the old ones back up for the time being.I just bought a new one off ebay for 7 bucks. I am on the search for another.
> I also bought new upper and lower ball joints, new idler arm, and new outer tie rods which I have yet to install. I still am looking for good prices on inner tie rods and a pitman arm. I am going to get new HD v-8 front springs. When it gets warmer I will take the whole front end appart and sand blast everything and paint it with SEM rust controll.
> Right now I am working on the house and the honey do lists I get.
> Davis
>
> amc74hornet <amc74hornet@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Davis what year brake set up did you swap in? And how much did the brake hoses cost? I got a setup out of a 79 Concord for the yellow Hornet. I checked on a price for the hoses and I believe they were 40$ a piece a few years ago. Sounds a little inflated to me. Also when I replaced the yellow Hornets rear with one out of a Concord the rear brake hose was not the same. The 79 Concord hose was not available, but the 74 Hornet one was and fit with only a minor modification on the chassis mounting bracket to make up for the differnt mounting of the hose on the Concord rear.
> "Doc"
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like you are doing a first class job on the whole front end. I rebuilt the fron't end in the yellow Hornet 2 years ago, but my friend sold his shop before I could do the disc brake conversion. I know the new car will need brakes all around and some front end work but it will have to wait till spring. The car tracks straight and dosent wander down the road and stops straight with no noise from the brakes. I only have made 300 miles on the car in 4 months that I have had it and only use it locally. Idler arms and pitman arms seem to be a bit pricy here locally. We are supposed get 4-5 inches of snow sunday into monday so I guess I better get the new batttery in the yellow Hornet today and stock up on the usual esentials for the house. Good thing I got all these plastic interior parts to work on when I an stuck in the house for 4-5 days at a time.
"Doc"