Tired of Fighting For Parts

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> I'll do a net search.
> Looks like I'll be frowned upon if I don't stick w/AMC engine...fine
> with me - I think it will be easier to mount the AMC anyway; sticking
> to the original maker...more appropriate too. I guess I am just tired
> of fighting to find parts. Hmmm....do love AMC though....
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David G."
> <servermaster13@xxxx> wrote:
> > Heh, good luck. I'd look to the Yoda of AMCs.. Eddie
> > Stakes.
> >
> > --- lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Dave,
> > > Just jokin about the 'finger'...that will be
> > > happening in my mind as
> > > I look in the rear view mirror...
> > > Do you know of an article describing Wally Booth's
> > > work? I would like
> > > to study what he did to achieve that power from his
> > > 360.
> > > Thanks!
> > > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David G."
> > > giving
> > > owners.

> > > of
> > > 360.. I
> > > Gremlin.
> > > cam it
> > > intake,
> > > cam,

> > > 232
> > > it.
> > > cam
> > > burner
> > > beat
> > > but
> > > get
> > > on
> > > that on
> > > fun.
> > > shopping!
> > > is
> > > twa1950@xxxx
> > > If
> > > never
> > > Now
> > > right.
> > > the

> > > AddressGuard
> > >

> > =====
> > D.G. 713

> > Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard
> > http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

With a change of engine crossmember and a set of engine plates the V8 is a bolt in, there available from Galvins. If the car has A/C it has the bigger radiator that was also used in the V8 cars. I think you had to fight to get parts is because your choice of a Pacer for you first resto was the problem. The limited years they were made and most of the parts being Pacer only made finding parts a fight, unlike the Gremlins, Hornets, Concords & Spirits. Regular maintainance parts, point's, plugs, rotor, cap wires and so forth I just get at my local auto parts store, notice I said local, not one of the big chains. Them wiz kids only know what is on a computer screen and don't know how to cross reference a parts book. I got 70 Ford Torino gas shocks in my original Hornet that was cross referenced by my local parts guy. On the new Hornet I had to wait a day for the new radiator hoses, the belts were in stock. They even had a replacement heater control valve in stock. The windshield wiper washer pump/motor I needed to make the washer work was also in stock (it is the same one Mopar used) The heater core which was shot was gotten the next day. I have also gotten for the other Hornet from the same place a new Modine radiator overnight and a windshield wiper motor in stock. The locks a local locksmith repaired and re-keyed for me. Rich sent me an ignition tumbler that was repaired and re-keyed since someone put a GM tumbler in it. The hood latch I needed I traded a Spirit remote one with cable to a guy in Canada for. I got a new hatch Gasket from Kennedy American. I bought a rebuilt Alternator from a friend. The local muffler shop wipped me up a complete new exhaust system in 2 hours as all that was left of the original one was part of the pipe off the manifold. I also had a local glass shop seal the leaking rear hatch window. I have done all his myself except for the exhaust & rear glass since getting the car in the first week in Oct. a little difficult for me being badly disabled but not impossible. The wife just got here Christmas Bonus and is giveing me 100$ twards the other 2 new tires need. Now it's onto haveing the front end and brakes checked before an alighnment and the new tires. I also know of a place where I can get rebuilt brake calipers in a day or two. When I bring my car to my friends shop he dosent want to be bothered finding the parts so I get them and he just installs them for me for the labor. He has been doing some work on my other Hornet since 1978 so he is familiar with AMC's and older cars. A lot of the plastic interior parts that disintergrate or crack are interchangable between Hornet's and Gremlins. Rick also sent me a very good condition center dash section from his Gremlin parts car that only needs some minor reair work. The previous owner of the new Hornet butchered the original one to install an aftermarket radio that did not come with the car. So this is my story of finding parts. They are not as hard to find as some people may think. Anybody looking for somthing let me kow and I will see if I can hook you up with a manufactuer and a part no# so you can order it in your area. Half the thrill for me is hunting for the parts, and the other is driveing a car that no one else in my area has. I got nothing against you guys with the brand 'X' motors but it is AMC for me.
"Doc"