Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: TAKE MY POLL - PLEASE!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: TAKE MY POLL - PLEASE!

> From: "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx>
> Date: 2003/12/20 Sat PM 06:44:06 EST
> To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: TAKE MY POLL - PLEASE!
>
> As far as AMC parts hard to find yes their harder to find than a chevy buut thier out there i know some here have chevys in their AMCs but please don't make the mistake thinking buy simply dropping in any chevy 350 that your gremlin will go warp factor 9 tho i have no prob with alternativly pwd AMCs,i think you should at leats give the AMC camp a try first at your local junkyard look in any full sized Jeep 1972-91 as they had the 360 AMC V8 option all the way till they stopped making them in 1991 INDY has just came out with a block and they have 2 sets of heads and thier own intake also Edelbrock is fixing to come out with their own AMC alum heads and MSD recen't came out with a pro billet dist for AMCs so if your looking for go fast goodies for AMCs you came to the right place
regards
Bart M.
73 Gremlin ex 232/904 now 360/T10
I LOVE IT!!!!!!
If I can't find a decent AMC block around here, I was thinking of a
Chevy 350 with a Ford rear end.....parts being more available and the
350 SB hard to beat...

-- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Oostveen" <coostv@xxxx>
wrote:

> FWIW - I for one would put in what ever you have the means to
install. I
> have a 350 Chebby in mine and would not trade it for another motor.
(keep in
> mind I am a "Ford Guy" by designation). Just because I have a brand
> preference and subsequently know more about that brand than any
other does
> not mean I stick to it. I actually traded my 66 lowered short box
F100 for
> the Gremmy. The truck was a very nice driver, but I wanted to go
fast so I
> swapped it for the SBC powered Gremmy. I knew both vehicles before
they
> became mine so I know how much was spent on parts etc. the gremmy
had about
> $4500 dumped into the mouse motor alone and is very healthy, can it
be done
> with another brand? Sure, just a preference I suppose I just happen
not to
> care much as long as the end result puts big stupid grins on my
face!!

> I also think a lot depends on your lo-cal and who you know. AMC
stuff is
> somewhat a rarity around here. Chevys , Fords, and Mopars are very
> prevalent. I can only recall seeing one AMC at the last few local
shows and
> that was a tunnel rammed 401 late '70's or so AMX (or clone or
whatever),
> that includes the St. Ignace, MI car show last summer, I do not
recall any
> AMC's in the show. Next year there will probably be one, but it
will be
> Chebby powered:). I also do not know a single soul who is into
AMC's, but
> for me ignorance is bliss because I have a fairly fast reliable car
without
> the difficulty of finding *stuff* if/when something does break. The
only
> thing "factory" about my motor is the block and main caps anyway.
Well, it