I Got My Hornet Back From The Glass Shop

I Got My Hornet Back From The Glass Shop

Well after 6 inches of snow sunday and then almost all of it being washed away late sunday evening and the roads turning to one sheet of ice, I was able to pick up the Hornet at the glass shop early monday afternoon. Since my son didn't go to work because of the ice early in the morning he drove me. The guy did a beautiful job. But it cost me 189$!!! OUCH. Thank god for Master Card. Since the roads were now clear I took the ignition tumbler Rick sent me to the locksmith to have it keyed to the doors. That should run me about 20$. This is the last of my locks to be repaired and re-key'd. I hate haveing a different key for the door and the ignition. My 77 Malibu is like that from the factory, I have no idea why GM changed it to this way in the 70's. I hope my AMC friend can install the tumbler for me this comeing weekend. This car is starting to cost me big time for all these repairs. My friend hasen't been feeeling well lately. The locksmith wants 50$ to do it. My friend refuses to take money for anything he does for me, so to show my appreciation I take him out to lunch. Recetly he did some work on my Malibu and my son's Javelin an refused money. So me being a Model Car builder, I gave him a nice "A" Scheme S/C Rambler model. I have a few more unassembled ones so me building another one for my collection is not a big thing. From the smile on his face I knew it was better than money to him.
"Doc"