Re: [BaadAssGremlins] http://www.frankscustomfiberglass.com/AMC.htm

In a message dated 10/21/03 3:50:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
http://www.frankscustomfiberglass.com/AMC.htm

OK - lets' try this again ...

Regarding the request in the ' Look Out fir This '
feature of the BaadAssGremlins Grp. :

You should check for that '77 AMX front air dam
at the above address .

If he doesn't have it 'Right Now' - tell him that
there are a few people looking for this one piece
front air dam - as after '77 they were Two Piece -
since AMC got complaints that if an owner
snagged on something - it would tear up both
front fender well flares - and - if the car was run
upwards of 80mph + , it messed with those
same flares etc.

Franks does have a *nice* FiberGlas hood for
the Gremlin / Spirit cars - comes with the 1970
AMX scoop .

This is a "pin on " hood - not a bolt on , which
will run $500.00 and change.

The pin on is roughly$225.00 .

"Trick It" :

Take a die grinder and grind off the edge -
all way round - of a spare hood , allowing
the removal of the metal skin .

Now take that pin on skin and a Marine
FibreGlas boat patch kit and Glas that
skin to the metal superstructure.

Get some Balsa Wood strips - to brace
the hood skin areas with- Glas those in.

Pattern should look like > *  - a sorta'
star pattern .

You can get Balsa in 3/4 inch or thicker
'boards' at a hobby shop or online.
Thanx Brien for the info i may try this on my hood
Bart