Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Finally got me a bunch of needed parts...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Finally got me a bunch of needed parts...

In a message dated 7/15/02 10:20:36 AM SA Pacific Standard Time, petriew@xxxx writes:

OK guys,

Lets talk Axle shafts..  anyone removed theirs and successfully put
them back in WITHOUT major endplay?

I pulled a posi carrier from a Javelin yesterday and would like to
put it in tonight. The thing that concerns me is that when I buttoned
up the Jav rear & axles, there was almost 1/2" endplay on the axles.
I thought I had everything lined up..

Is it because the bearing race (on the axle shaft) has to be seated
into the axle tube again?  If so, a few good smacks with a hammer on
the shaft should fix it, right?

Please comment, I'd like to get this issue 'resolved' tonight.

Thanks GremBrothers

Kel,what year jav did you get the axles from?if it was from a 71-74 Jav their gonna be too long for your grems rear axle if you got em from a 68-70 Jav then they should fit unless the grems factory V8 rear is shorter in width than a 68-70 Jav/AMX i do know that the 66-69 Rambler American/Rogue/SC V8 rears were shorter in width.i wouldn't"wack"anything in fear i'd skrew somthing up so lemme know or BaadassGremlins what year jav you got the stuff from
Bart M.
Moderator/Warlord/Dumbass