RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Green Hornet & Kato

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Green Hornet & Kato

John,
Both you and Eddie are correct as to who played the Green Hornet. Brett Reid was the one that is back on one of my cable channels that is showing reruns.
                                                                                  Hal

John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eddie,

Brett Reid?!?!? Dude...it was Van Johnson, and it was
so UN-popular they killed it after just a few episodes.
I'd have liked it to continue, but I was a six-year-old
....who listens to them? ;)

Mind you, the show began and ended in 1967..years before
these cars were built. I don't believe a 'product tie-in'
existed....it was more a 'play on words' to use the
familiarity of the Comic Book character's name to sell a
few cars. Had it been an actual, contractual 'tie-in',
there would have been specific reference to the TV show
and/or it's comic book version placed right in the ad,
as is found in all tie-ins (i.e., 'see the new film,
coming soon from...' and so on.

John W Rosa
http://www.JavelinAMX.com