Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Fw: Matador Machine Scoop cut in 1/2 shipped down

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Fw: Matador Machine Scoop cut in 1/2 shipped down under

No, and it is a long story, but since September 11th, many businesses
practices changed. The limit on size to ship to Australia is 79 inches. I
was quoted astronomical shipping prices to ship it past the 79 inch limit.
Some shipping rates were as high as $300. So we emailed back and forth as I
had charged him $50 shipping. I cut the box down. Took it to USPS, FedEx and
UPS again. Still too big. Cut box down again to bare bones size. This time
it was 71 inches and USPS sent it for $52/$53. I also tried shipping it thru
Continental Airlines which is based in Houston (gee you would think they
need the money, they are in serious trouble like US Airways, cutting
saleries and laying off people) also contacted Quantas, which flies out of
Bush IAH. (Named after the elder Bush). But neiter one accepts packages from
individuals anymore due to September 11th! So I advised Garry down under he
had two choices, a full refund or my amc-parts-seller-is-insane idea of
cutting it in 1/2.

Amazingly enough, he wanted me to cut it horizontically. I said I can't do
that because of the damned raised piece for the tach. I suggested
vertically, down the middle, of whihc if he has a good bodyman with
fiberglass, he can fix it from underneath, then use bondo as bondo was
intended for, on the top. So that is how it got cut in half. I risked
screwing up a brand new, in box, scoop, as not handy as I used to be with
electric saw you know.

Here is my current auction on ebay with one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4150&item=6503471552&rd=1

But everything turned out ok and this Aussie will be the only fellow in all
of Austrailia with a Rebel Machine scoop on his AMC now. Sure, it took
almost 3 months but was resolved. It was a pain in the ass on this end, but
after 22 years as a vendor, I do out of my way to attempt to help people,
heehee.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825