[BaadAssGremlins] 'Happy Little Carb' - stories -

[BaadAssGremlins] 'Happy Little Carb' - stories -

+++++NY+++++

I belong to the GMECM group - who know and have 'hacked'
the select group of GM ECM Efi / TB computers to the 'enth
degree.

I'm using the '7749 ECM in my Turbo Kammback - .

Anyone doing a Throttle Body conversion on their AMC
can Archive some great information - as shown in this
latest post of using Two Throttle Body Injections on a
Dual Quad Manifold - which are usually relegated to
the top shelf since with carb gas they suk  like Krazy.

Here - the talk is of the 7730 ECM box one lister is
'learning curve' involved with .

This List has 'Master' level members - so no Stone is unturned,
...... kinda' like the AMCLIST and BaadAssGremlins !

> I was just informed the 7730 although having two outputs only has
one
> injector driver.  Can anyone confirm or deny?

The '730 does indeed have only ONE driver.

> BTW:  I also learned the 7747 and/or 7749 can't handle four TBI
> injectors, without another driver board.  :p

This isn't entirely true.  Take a look again at Bill's page:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/p-928/749mods.html

This modification which allows you to properly operate (8) PnH port
injectors (~2.4 ohms each) is the very same that you would perform to
properly operate (4) PnH TBI injectors (~1.2 ohms each).

Starting to see the bigger picture everyone?<g>

Now, go open up a '747 (or just about any TBI ECM) and take a look at
the
two injector driver circuits - notice the similarity?

This same
modification can be performed to allow a 4 injector TBI unit to be
properly controlled (two injectors in parallel on each of the two
outputs).

Similarly, it would allow someone to run dual Rochester 220 TBI
units on a dual-quad intake - a project I think would be VERY cool.

 This
also allows TBI ECM users to get past the nagging fuel flow
restriction of
the ~90lb/hr early BBC TBI injectors. Forget them and run two pairs
of the
68lb/hr injectors from the L05 9C1 (cop Caprice) in a 4-injector TBI
setup.

Have fun!

-Scott
------

THese ECM units can be purchased from salvage yards
for around $45.00 .

Depending on your application - like say mine -
with the '749 ECM, you use a TPI Camero wire harness
from '91 or '92 - again - salvage.......... so you're EFI
system outside of the manifold bungs / fuel rail and
pump is under one hundred dollars .........

For the Kammback - I've found that the '89 Dodge Daytonas'
use an EFI fuel tank - 14 Gallons - with the pump in it -
and the filler neck that is behind the license plate - like
the Gremlins & Eagles .

so to those 'Happy Little Carb' stories I say again :

'........ don't let the door hit your phat butt on the way out
sweet thing........'

              Brien.
         NEW YORK
   eagle registry #501