[BaadAssGremlins] First Upholstery Panel Started Yesterday

[BaadAssGremlins] First Upholstery Panel Started Yesterday

Being stuck in the house due to the weather I finally got around to
starting the custom diamond and tufted upholstery panel for the inside
of the hatch on the orange car. I don't know why but I saved the
template from when I made one of these for the yellow car 3-4 years ago.
I over ruled my wife's insistence that I throw it away and hid it behind
an unmovable wall unit in the living room since then. I had bought a few
sheets of door panel backing material a year ago along with 100 buttons.
So far I have cut out & trimmed the panel & lay'ed out the design of the
buttons. It turns out I was 10 buttons short as 100 was not enough. Good
thing I had a few left from the yellow cars interior job. Today I will
stop by the upholstery shop and order me 500 more buttons for the rest
of the interior. I am admittedly working much slower than normal with
this rib problem which seems to be healing quite nicely. I still have
some tweaking to do on the backing and also drill the mounting holes for
the panel along with 110 holes to mount the buttons after I glue on the
foam backed black vinal. I should have this panel done by friday.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used