[BaadAssGremlins] SCORE!! Another AMC and some infamous rubber...

[BaadAssGremlins] SCORE!! Another AMC and some infamous rubber...

I just picked up (today) yet another AMC from
near Philly, PA.

A late-73 (meaning it's got the 74 bumpers/fuel
door) Hornet hatchback. It's been gutted in
preparation for a restoration that never happened,
but just about all is in boxes and baggies. Body
is nice, and wears 77 AMX flares and spoiler.
Interior has black Levis rear seats and door
panels from a 78 AMX, while later Spirit buckets
are up front. Dash is out, too. No motor, had a
six. Came with a 727 trans. Spare rear bumper,
original-type black interior door panels, padded
3-spoke steering wheel,

Lots of neat stuff with it that will go on my 73 X,
like NOS 'X' emblem for the rear panel, NOS side
marker lenses and front signal lenses, NOS hood
ornament, NOS window crank handles. Came with spare
fenders and a hood in nice shape (with a nice used
ornament). Two sets of wheels (8-slot Rallys and
those tight-mesh turbine-style wheels). Also came
with spare V8 front coils and crossmember and has
a 7-leaf rear spring set installed.

Much more in various boxes...my truck was stuffed
to the cap's roof, and more went it the car for
the tow home.

Will make an excellent drag car starting point, but
is complete enough that an ambitious buyer could put
it back on the street.

I plan to sell off a lot of the 'extras', so
inquiries are welcome. I may even part with the car
itself (if I can come to my senses). All is located
in Morristown, Morris County, New Jersey.

I've also purchased those much-discussed Poly-Glas
tires from Joe Smith for use on my Hornet X. They
will be mounted to the extra set of 14" rallys I
just got with the 'new' Hornet after I restore
these wheels. They will then get my best 4 trim
rings and caps. I will transport them in bags in
the back of the car to shows, swap them on, then
swap back before heading home on the car's
current Firestones. Thanks for recognizing the
rarity of this rubber, Joe! They're gonna look
SWEET!!

John W Rosa
http://www.JavelinAMX.com
 My AMCs:
1973 AMC Hornet X hatchback 360/Auto (show baby)
1973 AMC Hornet hatchback, no motor/trans (project)
1981 AMC Spirit DL 258/Auto (401/727 soon?)
1973 AMC Hornet hatchback, no motor/trans (parts)
1974 AMC Javelin AMX 401/Auto/Go (parts)
1977 AMC Gremlin 258/3spd (parts)
1979 AMC Spirit DL 258/4spd (parts)

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used