RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance ...are they nuts?

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance ...are they nuts?

Here's the agent name Alan M. Blay, phone no# 516 679-0001. In N.Y.
after a car is 25 years old it gets a safety only inspection which costs
10$. No Dyno or sniffer pollution crap. I have a friend who rubber
stamps my cars inspections, even my daily driver is over 25 years old.
But on that note all my cars would pass a scrutinised safety inspection
as I don't drive unsafe cars, never did, never will.
As far as driving my cars every where, I am disabled/retired and whose
to say I can't take the cars out for a drive? I just checked the mileage
on the orange car yesterday and drove it 1,700 miles in the last year.
If I only drove it to the local cruise and the 2 AMC shows in the last
year it would only have gone 100 miles. My cars are drivers and I enjoy
driving them.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message ---
Doc,

Send me that info anyway...no guarantee these folks will pan out.

In NJ, 'Collector' registration limits your mileage to about
2500/year. The benefit of this is NO inspection EXCEPT for a
functional odometer. The car wears 'regular' plates.

'Antique' plates are more restrictive, tho I don't have the
specifics in front of me.

Now, as for 'driving all over', the langauge of your policy
probably states that the car is to be used for 'hobby-
related' driving. I know that a mediocre lawyer and a poor
BS artist can make any trip sound 'hobby related', but the
fact is that a trip to the corner store to buy cigarettes and
milk is a violation of the policy. Not that *I* care, but it
is something I find they ALL specify. If I wreck the car on
my way to work (and can't lie well enough for them to believe
I was headed to a Tuesday all-day car show), I'm not covered.

Just wondered if I'm the only one that considers this point?

John W Rosa
http://www.JavelinAMX.com

--- End Message ---