[BaadAssGremlins] Was Looking for two items for 1970 Javelin Now Just Pa

[BaadAssGremlins] Was Looking for two items for 1970 Javelin Now Just Parts

Since I have been driving and fixing these cars for over 40 years I have
had very little problem getting parts for my cars. I started rebuilding
my yellow car 7-8 years ago and have been on the net 3 1/2 years. I may
P.O. a few people but since I have been on the net I see all kinds of
stupid questions about where to find parts. Most of them are looking for
mechanical parts that are still available from your local auto parts
store and I don't mean the chains who hire mindless simps that only can
push a button on a computer key board and cannot think. People keep
asking me where do you get parts? My reply is the local auto parts
store!!!!! they can't believe it. The only mechanical parts that I
couldn't get from my local auto parts store was the fuel gauge senders
for my Hornet's, those I got from Kennedy American and a NOS brake
booster for the yellow car. Body and trim and interior parts are another
story. Those I have been given by friends that have parts cars or are
parting out a car. Some were bought through different groups like here
and the AMX Files or eBay. I recently through buying a set of 77 Hornet
AMX on eBay (that I think John put me onto) made friends with 2 brothers
that were parting out a 77 AMX & a 78 Concord AMX. I bought the flairs
from one brother, a rear louver from the other brother and have the seat
belt parts I needed coming from one of them too. One of the stupid
requests for parts was someone looking for a good used windshield washer
motor a few years ago when a new one is 16$. It is also the one used by
Mopar. Just because your car is old doesn't mean the parts are hard to
find. 1. find a well established local non chain parts store. 2. find a
good experienced counter man. Most places will have at least 1. While
computers and the internet is great I find that the down side of them
are that people have lost the initiative to be able to think for
themselves. Like kids today that are allowed to use calculators to take
a math test with. They are lucky if they could add 2+2. I don't mean to
say I won't help anybody that needs help but some of the requests for
help are unbelievable. Maybe it's just me and my old age because I was a
mechanic my whole life. The rant is now over, you are being returned to
your regularly scheduled program.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used