Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Quick Key Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Quick Key Question

Is it a locking AMC Gremlin gas cap? Is that why you just didn't have it
drilled out? A way to see what kind of key it takes try using an AMC
trunk and ignition key. If one fits you know it takes an AMC key if not
then you have a starting point. I find it hard to believe a competent
locksmith could not remove it.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message ---
Including the gas cap?

I acquired my 1974 'complete' Gremlin for $25...well almost
complete...no keys and the gas cap is locked! I had a locksmith over
today who could not get the gas cap open by picking it and I did not
want it drilled (yet). Just wondering about the key set to this car
as I am going to have to have all new locks & keys done.

Thanks for the info. Terry & Doc
-Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> The same with the Gremlin. It might be true Doc. My Celica came
with two
> keys. One key fit everything and the other only works the doors and
ignition. The
> manual says the one is to give to valets when they park the car.
> Terry

--- End Message ---