Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Quick Key Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Quick Key Question

I can only speak from owning my yellow Hornet since it was new. The
ignition switch key and the door key's were the same. The glove box and
the hatch key were a different key. My father told me the reason for
this in the 30's-70's was so if you parked your car in a parking garage
that you were able to lock the  glove box and the trunk and just give
the attendant the ignition key. How true this is I can't say. All I know
it is a real pain to open the door on my 77 Malibu and have to get a
different key to start the car. Leave it to GM to screw up a smart Idea
that ha been around for 50+ years.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used