[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hornet X on eBay at $2000+...reserve is NOT met...

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hornet X on eBay at $2000+...reserve is NOT met...and ETC......

That is what I think about when I pass by that RARE Gremlin GT...it
is complete except for the engine. If I bought that car, would I want
to restore it to stock since it is such a rare bird or drop a V8 into
it? Would I change the colors or keep it that same orange/black
combo? For $200 - $300 (the guy's asking price), I think this car is
worth it no matter what I would do to it. The body is is good shape,
the interior is complete (including gauge pod), the glass is good,
the original rims are still on it, etc. Then there is the hornet
sportabout that I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. That girl
will probably take $200 for it and it is running, original, &
complete. Only one fender is bent which can be replaced from cars
found in my local junkyard. And I could drive it home. But noone
seems interested. Just like noone jumped at my 258 engine + trans.
that I pulled from the '74 Gremlin that only needed a starter. And it
was FREE. So I traded it for some front springs. -Lu-
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John W Rosa" <JohnRosa@xxxx>
wrote:
>  {Edited}
>
> My thinking is that IF I'm going to build a V8 AMC
> car, do I want to buy a 232-powered, basic Hornet
> hatchback and try to find the stuff needed to make
> it what I want separately, paying top buck for each
> piece...or would I rather start with a factory V8
> car with significant optional equipment? Once you
> secure this V8 car, if it's too much a mess to fix
> up within your budget, THEN you find the rot-free
> 232 car and move all the good stuff over. Heck, you
> can even tag and title the 232 as the 304 car if
> you wish....essentially a 're-body'.
>
> In this regard, it's $1000 well spent. :)
>
> John

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used