From: Davis [mailto:martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 8:24 PM
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Mopar/ AMC day at the Valley!

 Well,
  I FINALLY made it to the strip with my 72 gremlin X !!

  First run out I heated the slicks WELL and gave a nice smoke
show :o)>  At the line, left on the last yellow, was mildly on the
converter. When the car took off my hand was on the shifter and an
accidental immediate 1st to 2nd shift happened! that was a 12.89 @
107 MPH  1.89 60'! Whoo hoo ! I am in the 12's !
 Second run I was lighter on the burn out and better at the shifting,
 12.66 @ 106.96 MPH 1.855 60'. I just know that 12.5 is there
somewhere.
 3rd run I hit 2nd again right away but threw it back in 1st and
nailed it. 2nd to 3rd shifted at about 7K (sleeping) that final run
was  a 12.67 @ 107.13 1.92 60'
  I met a lot of great people and had lots of compliments on the Grem.
 Great time.
 72 Gremlin X with a 78 360 w/over 100K miles(100$ junk yard engine)
ported heads, custom Isky cam, Torker, 650DP, Amc Team race oil pump
kit. 12.66 @ 107 So my experament worked. 12's with a junk, worn
out,oil gulping, 360.
 Davis

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used