[BaadAssGremlins] The Never Ending Fight With Repairs To The Orange Car

[BaadAssGremlins] The Never Ending Fight With Repairs To The Orange Car Continues!!!!

This is getting really old fast with this car. No matter what I have to
do it has to be a fight to the death. I took the car to have the new
fuel tank sender installed and the rear tranny seal and universal joints
replaced today. I actually got the right tranny seal and universal
joints so that was no problem. We checked the pinion seal and rear for
play but found none but found the rear cover leaking. Time for a new
gasket and a change of oil anyway. I actually got the correct rear cover
gasket. There has to be a problem in the wiring somewhere as the known
good NOS sender does not make the fuel  gauge work. I also discovered
that the inst. lights do not work. I thought they did when I bought the
car but do not drive it at night so I am not sure. Some moron in the
car's past life cut off the rubber vent line to the roll over valve so
the fuel vapors were venting to the bottom of the car near the exhaust
system. Real smart. We also found the vent line tube to be loose in the
top of the tank but I never saw a leak or smelled any gas. We fixed that
and re-installed  the tank. The gromet slipped where the fuel filler
tube went into the tank because the guy installing it did not listen to
me on greasing it when he installed it. I was out picking up the drive
shaft with it's new universal joints when he made this mistake. After
the car was all together I went to just put 5 gallons of gas in it and I
saw gas leaking out of the bottom of the car. Everything was taken apart
and put back together as it should be. Today I will fill the tank up
with gas and see if there is still a leak. There shouldn't be. Now onto
finding out why the gas gauge still doesn't work or the inst. lights. I
also have Acell super coil and a remote battery cut off to install and a
manual choke. I may also install an auxiliary trans oil cooler too.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used