[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC crossmember & rear end interchange questions

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC crossmember & rear end interchange questions

Both the crossmember and the rear axle are too wide for the American.  Americans had their rear axle housing width.  Crossmember from any small body V 8 would work.  Or modify the existing mounts to work with a V 8. I think someone makes a kit for the mounts.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"  wrote:

> Eddie. Need some AMC advice. I have a 64 American that I want to swap in an
> AMC v8 drive train into. I know the late model Americans will work but will
> any other late model AMC work? Specifically would a javelin cross member
> work on my American? I have access TJ a really cheap javelin parts car that
> had a 304 V8 in it. Also would the rear end work/fit my American? Thanks for
> your help.
>
> Above I got from facebook 7 told the fellow I would send him any replies.
> There are a number of AMC groups that are on facebook, some really active,
> others I guess there in name only perhaps or nothing going on.
> Eddie Stakes
> Planet Houston AMX
> 713.464.8825 days
> eddiestakes@...