From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx; baadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:48 PM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] re: I bought a Bricklin

martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I purchased a basket case Bricklin today. Any one have advice for me? I need a pair of seats and a drivers side window, Also an
aircleaner housing. Anyone have experience with these? Davis

Congratulations, especially if a 74 which is basically a AMX drivetrain, from carb to pan and 727. This was the only 1 I have ever
owned:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMC/74_bricklin216.jpg

a 74 Brick #216 made (note the VIN was sesquential, so actually in line unlike the AMX dash numbers). About as close to a AMX 3
anyone will ever get this thing was blisteringly fast and your ass is inches above ground to boot!

There is long story here but will condense it. When I owned my Brick, my boys said 'papa there is a car like your's next block over'
so walked over and sure enough there was a 74 Brcklin, 360 factory 4 speed sitting under a tarp. So I took some pix and must have
left 10 business cards and talked to owned a few times to see if he wanted to sell, it was rough, but complete. Even more
astonishing was while riding bikes several weeks later, another white Brick was seen behind a trunk in fenced in area. I drove past
that place daily and never knew it was there. So every time drove past, would see if gate open at the warehouse there.

In meantime contacted AMC buddy Jim Wajda who is president of the Bricklin club www.bricklin.org and told him about mine, also the
white 360/4spd 74 and the other white unknown car. He said the possibility of THREE Bricklins in less than 6 square block area, and
none of us even knew each other, was astronomical.

One day I saw gate open and got some pix of the mystery white one behind 12 foot fence. There were some fierce chihuahua near it,
but I have bigger boots. It was a 75, wah wah Ford thing under hood. Regardless, documented it, sent Jim the information and was
another registered.

Fast forward year later I was driving down I-10 feeder road coming home cold winter day, and saw a white Bricklin on trailer at
Citgo at corner of Wilcrest & I-10 so whipped the Ambassador around and went up to look at it, two guys were fastening it down to
trailer, had just filled up with gas. I looked inside and instantly recognized the car and asked them where did they get it. They
said just bought it week earlier off ebay for $750!!! I introduced myself as I still had mine and they said they knew me from St
Louis AMC meet! Small world. I could not believe they bought it for $750 but sure enough, found it in my ebay 'watch list' and I had
offered guy $1K for it before he dumped it on ebay.

I sold mine a year later and it went to North Carolina. I don't know what happened to the 75 Ford powered one, it was just gone one
day. I guess the 74 4spd car went up to MO area where guys were from.

You will have fun with the Bricklin and not many people will recognize it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-SV-1-Safety-Vehicle-1-2-door-with-rear-hatch-BRICKLIN-GULL-WING-DOOR-SPORTS-CAR-/160865510719?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item257454e53f

not that anyone recognizes our AMCs in a time when most people can't spell 'AMC' or even text 'AMC' but show up at a cruise night
with the Brick and lots of attention, car was like American Motors cars, WAY ahead of it's time!! Wait until you start recognizing
all the AMC items Bricklin used on there from dahs knobs to lens, rather endless list of AMC interchangable stuff! Good luck,
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com