Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Wheel Backspacing

I think you missunderstand backspacing... going from 3.75" to 4.25" narrows your tread width by 1/2 an inch on each side for a total of one inch. To widen your track you want your backspacing less, like 3.25 or 3.00..  Gary in Cleveland

-----Original Message-----
From: Pj <pjtheurer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: BaadAssGremlins <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, May 20, 2012 12:24 pm
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Wheel Backspacing

I'm looking to install a new set of wheels on my 71 Sportabout, and need to know if I am correct in thinking that the backspacing on the wheels is 3 3/4" stock

I'm probably going to go with a 4 1/14 backspacing in order to widen the track just a little bit. it will improve handling.

Opinions?

Paul J. Theurer