[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Water Pump Pulley Spacer

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Water Pump Pulley Spacer

As it turns out, the spacer i really need is 1/8 and not 1 /16. I have a collection of water pump pulleys that i thought was the same. I was in a hurry when I was getting my car ready to ship. So i just grabbed a pulley and threw it together. After i had my engine rebuilt.

So with whatever i got my pulley off of I need a 1/8 spacer, My 401 was out of a 78 Cherokee.  I had a Autozone or Kragen Aluminum pump on it.Bought in the 90's sometime. After an engine rebuild I changed brands brands to what I believe is an aluminum CAT pump with the high volume vane, similiar to the Flowkooler.  I started throwing/twisting belts after changing my P/S belt. It was thinner then my previous one. and that's when the twisting started to happen.

  So long story short.  If you change from a steel to an Aluminum, You may or may not need a spacer. Be prepared to get a 1/16 or 1/8 in spacer if needed.

Bob

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ed Veneck <edveneck@...> wrote:

> So if I had a steelwater pump and switch to Alum, will I need the spacer?
> Ed

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: