[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Have a question (Non AMC)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Have a question (Non AMC)

"Left leaning"??  That's a new one to describe the service Snopes offer.

I've never looked at Snopes.com as a political site favoring any one particular party.  Rather, it appears they offer information on idiotic chain mails and other preposterous claims looking to scare people or cheat them out of their hard earned dollars.

I suppose you could see it that way if, as of late, they're busy debunking the flood of "right leaning" "where's the birth certificate", "they're trying to kill grandma", "he's not our kind", "my tea is not strong enough", "she'd make a great president", "can't let him win so block at all costs" junk mail circulated by the highly frustrated far Right.

You aren't knocking Snopes because of that are you?

Bill
Dallas, TX (a far right state)

3a.

Re: Have a question (Non AMC)

Posted by: "LarryS" vision1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   crivers04

Tue Feb 9, 2010 6:50 am (PST)

Snopes is especially Left-leaning. It's a couple of bathrobed geezers that
masquerade as a research staff. If you're after the leftist view, snopes is
the place to be.

Urbanlegend is a bit more centrist in some areas. But again, kind of a
college-kid perspective.

Neither site does what I would call "debunk" any more than a Ford borchure
"debunks" a Chevy brochure.

Research isn't easy and it isn't simple. Expecting someone else to do it
for you is almost the same as placing yourself in a Doctor's hands without
any oversight. And it leads to nearly the same place at times.

The Internet is full of "creative writing" and snopes is no oasis from that.