[BaadAssGremlins] eagle questions: valve cover interchange, headers, swa

[BaadAssGremlins] eagle questions: valve cover interchange, headers, swaybar, engine paint

Ted below has come over to the dark side of AMC. Still a Mustang guy, and we used to cross
paths thru decades here at swap meets in Texas, Pate, Astrodome Autorama, Del Mar, Conroe,
Traders Village to name a handful. He is now fooling with Eagles up there, and has a
battery of questions about Eagles, including getting away from the plastic valve cover to
a metal one; headers; engine paint; sway bar kit; to hopefully some of you who can help
with speak up. I have 4 Eagles, a 81, 82 and 2 88's we drive daily in Houston, and good to
see more people picking up the collectible Eagle series, as they are great cars.

So if anyone here can help Ted, please feel free to reply and thanks in advance to all who
might, be sure to copy your reply also to him he would appreciate it!
==================================

HI Eddie- I bought ebay items from you and you mentioned that you installed earlier chrome
cover that had mounting holes and some did not match head but you  said you got it to
work. Will I still have PCV frt valve in new cover and do I  drill grommet holes for 2
studs or do I remove them.If possible- Don't want  to take head off to drill all holes to
match v/cover. I can use new Permatex  spray gskt sealer (cost close to $15.00). I don't
mind a few holes not used if  new chrome valve cover will seal. If you ever need  new
billet 258 HEI dist. I found supplier for 84.95 plus $10 S&H instead of  109.95 plus
higher S&H. Have you ever tried to put 1988 Jeep 4WD headers on  1984 AMC Eagle with P/S
and did they clear frame or did you modify shape? I am  also installing alum. intake with
small 4 V Holley along with HEI dist., T/chain  set and new dual exhaust system in the
spring. Took all emission junk off   and fuel junk so as to clean up engine area. What
color was original engine  paint?  Last but not least; I got beat out of Ebay over $1.00
last month  for original rear 4WD sway bar kit and do you have one or know where I could
get  one or a panard rod to stabilize rear end handling. Does ADDCO still make  one or any
other mfg? Appreciate your
time and help and keep up the good work. I  got some items from Mike in NV. Thanks for
your help and info. If you ever need  Ford/Mustang help or parts-let me know(50 + years).
Got to go get heart stent  put in next month-pray for me. GOD BLESS   Love in
Christ-TED"FORDMAN"EHRHARDT   PS -Sure miss Texas swap meets-Bought thousands  of dollars
and saved a lot of money plus made some.

FordManTED@xxxxxxx
Ted up in frozen Wisconsin.
====================================

Eddie Stakes