Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin LIVES!!!

GrublinX@xxxxxxx wrote:
...........and so, the saga begins!

In a message dated 5/20/2007 7:06:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Today I was to go racing with Bill and The Amc Team spirit but rain
was forcast and it didn't look good at the track. So I came home and
took the family to breakfast. Got home at about 9 Am and moped
arround. Surfed the net some Then Bill showed up at 11 am. We started
on the car. I finished bleeding the brakes and now they feel good.
The sun came out
Then I put the wheels on and they look nice So I started getting
excited. jacked up the front of the car to get the front wheels on
and didn't really look close and the jack was 1/2 on the front of the
oil pan See my post in the wanted section.
Turned the engine over and nothing was hittin the pan so I lowered
the car and fired it up to check oil pressure. Still good.
Back to thrashing
Bolted on the shock tower caps and shocks. Then I backed the car out
under it's own power for the first time in 2 years
So now I am really wantin to take her for a ride
I put the rear lights in, then the side lights Course had to go
scroungin for the right hardware.
I put the front bumper on just cause.
I put the grille on and then put the lights in it. Starting to look
like a car now
Then I put on the rear bumper.
I went to the local sunoco and got 6 gallons of 93 brought it home
and put it in the grem tank,
Pulled out the license plate and wham! My first trip arround the
block
I stopped at a stop sign and there was an F250 with 4 guys they were
hangin out lookin at the grem and giving thumbs up. The guy in the
back wanted me to smoke em up but I refrained Till I turned the
corner and then I jumped on it. What a rush,,,, I mean the next turn
came up in a rush
Then back to the house to see if any leakes were evident and see
what the temp was when I got back.
No leaks. Temp was a cool 160 Degrees. oil pres was 50 PSI hot
Bill left and I decided to take it out again. This time I went to
Advanced Auto about 4 miles away. When I parked a kid asked What is
that... I let him know Then I went inside to look for a carb stud,
They didn't have any. I noticed a guy checkin out the engine. When I
got out there he was in his car leavin but gave me a thumbs up.
So off to Autozone about 4 mies back. They didn't have any either.
So off again,, Now where to go...Hmmm Back to the Sunoco and put
25.00 worth in at 3.48 a gallon. Went for a ride into town about 5
miles and turned back. Went home picked up the camera and went to a
local park and took a few pics in the parking lot. Jumped on it up to
3 rd gear and felt a vibration in the front at about 90mph( I am
guessing) so I have to check that out.
Came home and parked it in the garage, Still lots of work left but I
finally got it together enough for a maiden run
Davis

Charlie

"Cool Factor X"

See what's free at AOL.com.