[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 232 oil pump problem

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 232 oil pump problem

Very strange indeed....when the first pump went bad after 5 minutes,
I would question whether machining debris was still in the engine, or
improperly installed. After the first pump was taken out, was any
determination as to why it failed, discussed or did you just install
another pump? Was there debris in the bottom of the oil pan that
might lead you to the cause. Were both pumps properly packed with
petrolium jelly and primed before firing up the engine after
installation?? Was the distributer inspected for damage since it
spins the oil pump. Was a new pick up tube installed??? Should have a
new pick up tube installed on the new pump. What exactly failed on
both pumps???? What brand oil pumps were they?? Just curious
questions to help determine the cause. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "paxiljunki" <paxiljunki@...>
wrote:

> Hi guys. Long time no post.  I have a problem.  I have less than 900
> miles on my rebuilt 232 engine and just today its 2nd _brand new_
oil
> pump crapped out.  Thank god I was already in my driveway.
>
> The first new oil pump died within 5 minutes of operation and the
> engine had to be pulled to replace it.  Now this.  Again.
>
> Is this common?  Is there a reputable company someone can refer me
> that sells replacement oil pumps for this engine?  I am absolutely
at
> wits end.  I'm tempted to put the original pump back in it (I kept
it).

> Jen aka Pax
> 78 Gremlin
> (yeah that was my car on Canadian TV)