Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Its kinda cool when.....

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Its kinda cool when.....

So Doc, what can I do with it? Can just the cable be replaced? I would like
to use it, being it is an "X" mirror and I will be building an X clone. It
is not chromed, but a painted housing. Thanks for the come back!

Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho
AKA Brother B.
AMC'S RULE.....the rest just drool like the dogs they are.
1973 Gremlin X "clone" (project)
1970 Original Hornet "plain jane"
1974 Matador Coupe "Parts car"

>From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
>To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Its kinda cool when.....
>Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 05:24:03 -0400
>
>Bill I have taken these remote mirrors apart and in my opinion once any
>part of the cable mechanism is broken they are trash. That is the reason
>I bought the lot of 13 because there was enough mirrors to make the 2
>non-remote sets for my 2 Hornet's. I would not throw the housing away
>though.
>"Doc"
>

>From: "Bill Renshaw" <lionwren@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Its kinda cool when.....
>Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:55:47 -0000
>

>You ask for somthing and ya get it for "literally"...FREE!! Doc, sent
>
>me a nice pair of chrome mirrors for the Hornet. THANKS DOC!! And I
>
>found someone else who offered me a box of stuff for shipping costs.
>
>There was some turnsignal lens covers for the Hornet. Really nice pair
>
>of O.E.M clear and some misc. "stuff" Door handles, volt. reg. window
>
>cranks. AND a couple of surprises that I wasnt expecting. A nice
>
>restorable grille "X", and a Gremlin X remote mirror. But the mirror
>
>doesnt have the little handle and the plate for the door panel. Is
>
>there a way I can fix it? Can I replace the whole cable, or do I need
>
>to replace the whole cable to replace the handle? Or do I have to
>
>replace the whole mirror? and that would suck! My free mirror just
>
>turned into a dumpster filler!! :(~ Any input would be grealty
>
>appreciated. Bill Id.

Home is just a click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/YtqqlB/TM