[BaadAssGremlins] amc dealership

I just got back from the old Coon Bros. AMC where I had to pick up some parts. Got talkin with a mechanic who sez he's been there for 50 years. (looks like he could be). Says he's got a stash of parts for amc's he'd be willing to part with.  He also said he's got a stash of carburetors from the old engineering dept. Says this guy from home office down plymouth road used to go on these test road trips in the cars, and every time he would put a new carb on the car , tune it to maximum performance and go on a road trip to collect data. He would then come back, take the carb off, clean it and put it on a shelf at the dealer. he says at one point there were dozens of carbs on the shelf with less than 600 miles on every one.  All look to be brand new. Said he would entertain an offer for one or more of the carbs. wouldn't give a price and said they were only worth what someone would pay.  Soooo what do you guys think? are they worth anything?  I did have a nice spare and I just put it on my 50 Dodge so I'm thinkin a nice spare would be cool!!  You guys know more about this than me, so does anyone have any input/   Check this out also, an old lady came in a while back who's husband was a long time customer and said the old gentleman had died. His instructions were to give this guy first crack at his cars. He had 2 Hornets and a couple Jeeps (one with a rag top) all with only a couple three thousand miles on them. Said he bought a lime green hornet for $1700 and let the others go. the car was showroom condition and they actually kept it in the showroom for a lomg time before it sold for $3500. Says now, he doesn't know what he was thinkin!  anyhow, interesting day Paul in Detroit

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS