[BaadAssGremlins] A Little Tweaking

I think I finally got the manual choke to work properly but you never
know with this car. For the 2 1/2 years I have had this car everything
is an up hill battle whether it is a big or small job. The true test
will be when I go out to start it this morning. Since I replaced that
horrible 35 amp Motorola Alt. with a 100 amp Delco I still have a minor
clearance problem between the alt. and the steering box that needs to be
addressed. What a pain the so called bolt in was with all the
modifications that were needed to make it fit. I now need to grind a
little off the edge of the top cover of the steering box and a bit off
alt. housing itself. All I really need is 3/16-1/4 inch of clearance. My
friends shop is slow so I want to get all these little annoying things
done. For anyone still using a Motorola alt. in their AMC it was well
worth the work to convert it to a Delco. With every elect. accessory on
the Delco charges a steady 14.5 volts with the Motorola it dropped from
14.5 to 11-12. I plan on adding an electric auxiliary cooling fan also
for extreme hot weather conditions when the A/C is on. I plan on putting
a lot of miles on this car this summer. Last year from Feb to Dec it was
in my friends shop getting the interior done. It's also out of the 3
cars I have the only one with working A/C. What a pleasant surprise it
was to find the system has held the charge for almost 2 years without
being used. :-)
"Doc"