[BaadAssGremlins] another ebay scam!

            Since I was talking about ebay last week with the scammers, one
thing I mentioned was spoof emails and how some have learned to write
script. This is a great example although I have taken the script out. The
script will appear as a bona fide ebay email complete with all gifs,
headers, banners, and so forth. This is one for example with all that sheet
taken out of it. Another twist is that the scammers will send a email like
this pretending that they bought something from you, usually wheelchairs,
electronics, and computers or cameras. Sometimes they mention that they have
not heard from you, and wondering why you have not sent them their item(s)
and they might report you to ebay.
As usual, forward them to spoof@xxxxxxxx or if paypal, spoof@xxxxxxxxxx .

A more ironic, and sad, byproduct is how many people fall for this
bullsheet. Go do a search on the auction number below and check out how many
people have put up auctions with this item in the search, just to warn
others they got User ID and Password stolen! Might be where we have seen all
those wonder hemi Chargers for $6800 Buy It Now! in Croatia, and California
BBG 500 AMXs for $5800 Buy It Now! out of Lufthansa! (True story ask amc
lister Garry Nordstrom abuot 'good friend Danut'!

Ya'l watch your butts, the scammers have gotten really sophisticated!

    Your registered name is included to show this message originated from
eBay. Learn more.

           Question about Item -- Respond Now
           eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My
Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and
will include your email address. Click the Respond Now button below to send
your response via My Messages (your email address will not be included).

            Question from seller
                                Item: (This message was sent while the
listing was active.

                                Hello ,i want to finish the deal with you
soon so tell me if you are ready to send me the payment so i can finish the
shippment.

                                i specified in my auction that you have to
pay via paypal or credit card so tell me when you will do the payment.

                                thank you and i hope that you are a serious
ebayer.

                                Regards
                                 Respond to this question in My Messages.

                             Item Details

                                Item number:  6436472319
                                End date:  08-Feb-06 12:14:12 BST

                              View item description:
                              htps://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6436472319&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

                              Thank you for using eBay
                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/

                   Marketplace Safety Tip

                                Always remember to complete your
transactions on eBay - it's the safer way to trade.

                                Is this message an offer to buy your item
directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help
make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These external
transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about
trading safely.

                              Is this email inappropriate? Does it breach
reporting it.

                  Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake)
emails at:
                  https://pages.ebay.co.uk/education/spooftutorial

                  This eBay notice was sent to canguru_usere200@xxxxxxxxx on
behalf of another eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance
with our Privacy Policy. If you would like to receive this email in text
format, change your notification preferences.

                  See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have
questions about eBay's communication policies.
                  Privacy Policy:
https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
                  User Agreement:
https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/user-agreement.html

                  Copyright © 2005 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
                  Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their
respective owners.
                  eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or
trademarks of eBay, Inc.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825