Re: [BaadAssGremlins] ISO: Parts! What else?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] ISO: Parts! What else?

Glad to see you are making progress Lu. Damn weather is still cold and
rainy here next week it is supposed to be sunny and 70 for 3 days in a
row.
"Doc"

Give the gift of life to a sick child.

--- Begin Message --- I had the opportunity (meaning nice weather + time) to work on the
Gremlin today and am getting well on the way to having the front end
completed possibly by Mother's Day. (Nice gift to me!)

Yesterday, John & I put on the V8 crossmember after he rethreaded
one of the studs that got partially stripped when we took the
original off. The balljoints were also installed into the control
arms and installed on both sides. It was nice having these parts
clean, painted and ready in advance to put back on - that hard work
paid off I can now see.

Today I spent some time figuring out the disc brake conversion
installation. It's a good thing that I have one of those Chilton
books with all the AMC models & years as the Concord disc brake set
up is different than the Gremlin's discs. I think we have it figured
out and will proceed with the operation tomorrow.

One bad note, as I was cleaning the bolts that go to the disc
brakes, I remembered that we bent one getting the brakes off the
Concord. I ran around to 3 - 4 stores hoping to find that exact
bolt, but no luck (after 5pm by this time). I may have to wait until
Monday when the Fastener store is open to get a replacement. So I
guess we will install everything but that one bolt tomorrow. I will
take pictures of our progress and post. ~Lu~

--- End Message ---