'59 Rambler wagon featured on cover....of Scale Auto magazine

'59 Rambler wagon featured on cover....of Scale Auto magazine

 I visited a hobby shop tonight, and to what do my
wondering eyes doth appear, but a black and red
Rambler, wagon, oh dear! Right on the cover of Scale
Auto mag, June 2004, I just had to buy that rag!
It's a new (re)release by JoHan, No. 2101, $19.95
list price. Molded in white plastic, with chrome parts
and green tinted windows. You can make multiple
versions with this kit, extra parts to make a custom
cruiser, Police or taxi, plus 2 surf boards, bowling
bag, cooler suitcase, and cake box.
Side trim comes in two different colors, plus 2
different wood grains.
Wheels can be either stock Rambler, moonies, or
custom Fiesta caps. Wheels are attached via thick
metal axles, not cheesy plastic that breaks. can be
made into a lowrider, depending on how you flip the
chassis.
also, there are advanced instructions , plus
decals!, to build the kit into an Ambassador, Sedan,
or Deliveryman pickup versions. In the very back page
of the mag, there is a whole page devoted to the
customized '59 wagon kit, a bright green Sedan
Delivery with Nomad roof installed, or a Rebel
Ranchero conversion. Looks like this reissue is a
blockbuster of a kit! Loads of different ways to build
it. Go, JoHan! Way to go! I may have to buy one of
these kits.

Jerry in Virginia