Re: Me & My Hornet

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
> Doc
>
> Don't worry about the Rich thing. I grew up with family members calling me
> Ricky, classmates calling me Richard and co-workers calling me Rick. About the
> only nickname I don't care for is Dick!
>
> I purchased a set of '77 Hornet/AMX flares a couple of years ago for my
> Gremlin. When I got them I figured I could easily find the front spoiler/air
> dam.......boy was I wrong. That piece seems to be as rare as hen's teeth.
>
> Somewhere around the house I have a copy of an old STREET SCENE magazine.
> The cover is a photo of cars at the Street Machine Nationals. I think it was
> around 1977 or 1978. My Gremlin is in a row of the cars. It was painted the
> factory purple and had blue flames. At the time the Gremlin was owned by Mike
> Cushen from Michigan. According to him, the Gremlin was also in an issue of STREET
> FREAK magazine. I've tried to find a copy of the magazine but have not had any
> luck yet.
>
> I'm glad I was able to help. Let me know when you get the parts.
>
> I have been a member of Alamo AMC for a few years now. When I first joined, I
> had hoped there would be communications among it's members similar to what we
> have here with this group. I am glad I came upon this group.
>
> Rick

My oldest son's name is Richard. He was born in the mid 70's when people still refered to Richard Nixon as "Tricky Dickey" A few poeople made that coment refering to my son and I quietly let it be known that the next time I heard that that some faces would be needing a plastic surgon and a dentist, that was the end of that. I remember seeing that Purple Gremlin with the flames and also is that the one that was referred to as the Gremlin Express with the 401? The picture of my Hornet in Street Scene Magazine is with my own home made flares and spoilers. I may have a pic. of the Gremlin Express I cut out of an old magazine somewhere. In 78 I got all the 77 AMX stuff brand new off a car the dealer couldn't sell, so he removed the stuff to sell the car. I paid 50$ for everything includeing the rear louver. That front piece (Air Dam/Spoiler) is rare and like gold if you can find one, just like the 78 Concord AMX's. I prefer the 77 Hornet AMX's over the 78 Concord AMX's. I almost bought my friends 78 Concord AMX last year. I had been the mechanic on the car for a few years before he moved to florida so I knew the car. The problem was transporting the car back to NY so I passed on it. I am glad I did because the new 74 Hornet is a real nice car like his 78, but I like the Hornets nose and tail better than the Concord. It is just it is takeing me a lot of time repairing small neglect and botched minor repairs. Thanks again for the parts. There are no local AMC clubs nearby. I belong to the CT AMO but they are an hour and a half away. We got to thank
Bart for setting this group up. I know him from the AMX files nad have bought about 8 AMC models from him over the last 2-3 years. Bart is a square dude in my book.
"Doc"