My 71

Rick I found my grem on the net. I was looking up any used car site
for AMC cars. I found this car on one of the sites for $1800.00. I
called the guy and talked to him about the condition it was in and
he described it to the best of his ability. He said no rust. I asked
for pics. He sent them to me and everything he said was verified by
the pics. I am in Minnesota and the car was in Kentucky. So my son
and I took a road trip. It was 15 hours down and 15 hours back. We
drove straight thru.One ather small note. I talked him down to
$1200.00. The $1800.00 still would have been a steal. I have posted
some pics of the car when I just got it home. I have had it for
three years how. Back in 76 I had a 71 then got a 72 in 75. Got rid
of thoes two by 79 and have been without a grem until I got the 71
three years ago.
I am going with forged because I will end up with about 10 or 10.5
comp.There might be some future mods on the way. Every thing else in
the motor is forged why not the pistons. No sense in going half way.
I don't care if this project takes the rest of my life( 44 now) I
will have the grem the way I have always wanted one. That takes the
pressure off for a completion date. I can just enjoy the building
process and do it right. Mark in Minnesota