Re: [BaadAssGremlins] My Hornet's new shoes AND pro photo shoot...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] My Hornet's new shoes AND pro photo shoot...

Nice photo's John. The background sure makes the car stand out. I see
what you mean about the rear springs sagging a little. My orange car did
that when I bought it until I had a set of ESPO HD springs installed.
Lets hope you get some magazine coverage.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message ---

Another update and new photos of my Hornet,
now wearing her new 'shoes'! Sadly, the ISP
for my website is giving me trouble
uploading the update, so if you wanna see
the pics, you'll have to visit the car's
'other' page at CarDomain.com... at-

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/754504

The text that WOULD have been posted today
was to be (and will soon be) as follows:

December 24, 2004 (Christmas Eve): This morning Bobby and I left for Morristown with the car?s ?new? tires. We pulled the Hornet out
of the garage, emptied it of all non-stock items and paraphernalia, then drove it to a nearby STS gas station to have the
tires/wheels swapped. The owner/operator, Steve, knows my wife?s mother, Dian, well, and thought the car was kinda cool, so he said
?no charge?. Cool, eh? That?s Steve working with Bobby on moving the tires and their caps around while Steve?s co-worker is working
the impact wrench on the other side of the car.

Before they were finished, the writer/photographer, Richard Truesdale, arrived and we chatted a bit before taking the car to a
nearby, up-scale home belonging to one of Dian?s friends. They were away on vacation, so we weren?t likely to bother anyone?though
the caretaker did stick her head out to see what was going on.

These shots show the newly-mounted PolyGlas tires off nicely. In several, you can see Richard at work. This property sure makes a
car look good! His photos are bound to be far nicer. Not bad considering the short notice forcing me to skip  the restoration of the
wheels and the clean-up and dressing of the tires. All she got was a wet-rag wipe down and a quick spray of armor-all to help
blacken the tires more.

As we left, Dian was standing at the exit of the driveway, and since she loves the sound of this car so much, I figured as soon as
the rear tires reach the pavement of the street, I would give a bit of extra gas to make a louder departure. I can tell you she
sounds SO sweet when she?s ?working it?! When we arrived back at her house to put the car back inside, Dian informed me that I left
?a whole lot of rubber? back in the street. I assured her she was wrong, as I had hit the gas as I turned, and if the tires had
broken loose, the car would have fish-tailed some. She said to go back and look, which I did?finding a 35-foot black stripe in the
road. OOPSIE! Not smart on 30+ year-old tires! I?ll have to be more careful in the future. But the single stripe also tells that the
car doesn?t have Twin-Grip after all?or it does, but is not working properly. This will be checked out. Total distance driven today
was under a mile, and at speeds no higher than 30mph. I promise, these tires are being babied (except for the one boo-boo)!

Still, though, it was a thrill today to have a professional photographer here to shoot my baby! I?ll keep my fingers and toes
crossed, hoping he can get them published! There just ain?t enough AMC content in the magazines?though it?s gotten better. I?d be
proud to see this car making the grade.

John W Rosa
http://www.JavelinAMX.com
My AMCs:
1973 AMC Hornet X hatchback 360/Auto
1973 AMC Hornet hatchback, no motor (project?)
1981 AMC Spirit DL 258/Auto (project?)
1974 AMC Javelin AMX 401/Auto/Go (parts)
1977 AMC Gremlin 258/3spd (parts)
1979 AMC Spirit DL 258/4spd (parts)

--- End Message ---