[BaadAssGremlins] Jerry gets a new Gremlin ( Modified AMT/Ertl 1/25 kit,

[BaadAssGremlins] Jerry gets a new Gremlin ( Modified AMT/Ertl 1/25 kit, that is...)

  I have been sick all week, feeling bad, and needed some diecast
shopping to perk me up. The stepson got his friend a job at my
company last week, so he rode in with him this week, so I was free
this week to come and go again after work ( whew! Teenagers are a
hassle sometimes...LOL. But he's a good kid now ).
  Anyway, I hit K-mart first, looking for more of those '51 Hudson
Hornets by Rt. 66, but no luck. Then on to the used book store,
nada, then the hobby store next door...bingo!!! On the floor, not
even put on a shelf yet, was the new repop of the old AMT Gremlin
modified stocker car, #52. Price $20. Into my waiting hands! Seen
them on Ebay for $15, plus shipping the same amount. Also bought a
Matchbox airplane kit, 1/72nd, with a French Jaguar jet on it, has
the red/white/blue look plus the Javelin bullseye design (I believe
that's where AMC got the Javelin bullseye design from...wow,
something GOOD came out of something French!). Also got a cheap
Snaptite '55 chevy kit in 1/32 for a slot car body project. So not a
bad haul at the hobby store...I haven't been able to go shopping
after work for the last 2-3 weeks due to my son riding with me to
work, so now I'm freed up again.
  Don't know if I'll put it together or now, at least not right
away. Still trying to get over the cold/flu bug I got hit with after
spending ALL DAY outside last weekend getting Bart's Gremlin grill
out of my parts car for him ( moan, whine...that's ME whining about
it, not him...his was the last 4 months...LOL. J/K, Bart! ) In all
fairness, Bart HAD paid for it in full a long time back...I just had
too many issues with time, weather, Gremlin boxed in with stuff,
etc. until now to get it done. At least it's out, and I can get it
boxed up and shipped out before November. :) We may well see Bart's
Gremlin with a pretty face again before too long. Hope MY pretty
face comes back, after this week, I'm lookin' rather haggard after
Day 7 of the cold bug. I hate change of seasons...they hit me hard.
  Well, just thought I'd let ya know the Gremlin is hitting the
hobby stores, and I got one. Have a great weekend, ya'll.

Jerry in VA, still with no running 1:1 Gremlins yet...

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used