Re: [AMC-list] Chevy I6 ... Re: Does anyone sell a 258 distributor rebui

Re: [AMC-list] Chevy I6 ... Re: Does anyone sell a 258 distributor rebuild kit?

" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I knew the rotor turns clockwise on both, but I'm surprised that the distance between the gear and mounting surface is the same for both the AMC and GM  dizzys.

i was pretty surprised myself when i learned it, but remember the amc
232 came out the year after the chevy 230, and i imagine that when
they went to delco they found the chevy dist so close to what they
needed that they changed their design to use it rather than pay delco
to trivially change theirs.