Re: [AMC-list] Need to convert an emissions carb and EI distributor to d

Re: [AMC-list] Need to convert an emissions carb and EI distributor to dumb versions in a 258...

First, all small 2bbl to big 2bbl adapters are not the same. Some had major vacuum leaks and others jammed the throttle plates.
   I realized I forgot to ask if yours is automatic or not. A cable kick down is needed to convert the automatic to work.

The Chev Delco distributor doesn't have the adjustment door on the inline 6 cyl dist. AMC used the same dist but the gear is reverse cut and the same as amc V8.
    The cam gear issue rarely affects them unless you have an aftermarket high volume oil pump.