Re: [AMC-list] Fw: wanted AMC T-14 extension housing bushing

From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>

No mention on the first page of the car applications.

novak is a little myopic about offroading etc.  cars are not on their radar.

that 'special bellhousing jeep cast' for the 232s and 258s was the '67-'74 amc v8 bell, used with t86s and maybe t89s in '67, t15s '68-up, and t10s the whole time.

and while amc t14s swap with t96s in cars, jeep t14s have the completely different t86 / t15 bolt pattern and input shaft.

this is not to say novak is useless - but their knowledge has limits.

Ratios are different in cars too.
I show a 2.636:1 first gear.

that's what mine is. but the mitchell interchange manual showed either that or the 3.1 for cars in the early '70s, and no indication of which models or powertrains got which.