From: tnmorrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 9:01:40 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] oil cooler

I bought an oil cooler kit last year for my Eagle and asked my mechanic if
he could install it before my trip from Maine to Michigan for the show in
Livonia. He tried, but said the threaded nipple for the spin on filter was
about 1/8" too long. Before I screw up the one on my car, I plan on trying
to remove the nipple from one of my junkers out back. I've checked the
TSM, but other than a blow-up, I don't see instructions on removing the
nipple. I'm assuming a deep socket, but will anything fall apart inside?
Is the nut on the nipple adjustable so there's less thread sticking out?
Is the nut U.S. or metric('82 model)? I'm trying to avoid the inevitable
of have the engine rebuilt from way too much blow-by and low oil pressure;
I figure cooler oil might help. Right now it seems to be monsoon season
here, so I won't be playing in the yard today....