[AMC-list] 290 Crankshaft and balance questions

[AMC-list] 290 Crankshaft and balance questions

On the '69 Rebel 290 motor I have, there appears to be a pilot bearing in it. (I hope. See the pic link below) It had a BW auto behind it, which is now long gone, but I plan to use the 290 in my '83 Honcho and I hope I can use the crank adapter from my '73 J4000 ( AMC number 3184864 cast into it) and TH400 nailhead adapter ring with the 304 flexplate I have re-balanced to the 290.
   Does anyone know what the balance weight difference is 290 vs 304? I know it will be less, but by how much? Is that a removable pilot bearing in this pic?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/2013-05-23155718.jpg

Jim Blair