[AMC-list] (no subject)

Ok, I know I"m a slow engine builder, but I keep hitting hurtles. My crankshaft bolt does not bottom out. I turn it and it keeps tightening. My old timing chain cover got trashed because of it. This makes it difficult to attach the engine to the flywheel since I can't turn the engine with a breaker bar at the crankshaft bolt cause it won't turn the engine, till it crushes the cover.

 I'm gonna get a longer bolt to tighten till it bottoms out in the crankshaft. I'm thinking maybe the crankshaft bolt isn't right.

Does anybody know how long the crankshaft bolt is? Maybe the washer is too thick, IDK.