Re: [AMC-list] EXTERNAL: AMC-list Digest, Vol 50, Issue 12

Re: [AMC-list] EXTERNAL: AMC-list Digest, Vol 50, Issue 12

I'm showing my age here...

I'm guessing that's a reference to the 1968 song "The Boxer" by Paul Simon, as in Simon and Garfunkel (please don't ask who that is! :^)

Partial lyrics:

When I left my home and my family, I was no more than a boy
In the company of strangers.....
In the quiet of the railway station, runnin' scared
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters, where the ragged people go
Looking for the places only they would know

(Li la li... li la la la li la li)
(Li la li... li la la la li la li)
(La la la la li...)

Seeking only workman's wages, I come looking for a job, but I get no offers.....
Just a come-on from the whores on Seventh Avenue
I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there (li la la, la, la la)

Dan

-----Original Message----- From: Thomas, Jeff