[AMC-list] unusual late 74 amx on ebay

Unusual AMX.
http://cgi.ebay.com/itm/251265690786
it sold today, really oddity as was a late build-shove-out-the-door-we-don't-have-any-more-darned -360s-left-empty-the-parts-bins, drop a 304 with 3speed standard in it discontinued model. Note the Alpine White paint and those vampire front bumper guards. Alpine White is more of a 1975 color, a mid to late intro found is some...not all...AMC brochures, and no AMC paint chip charts for 74 from AMC paint suppliers. There were yet another type of bumper guards that are a FOOT LONG vertically AMC used in 1974 and not sure why, possibly to comply with the ever changing fed requirments of 5mph bumpers. If you ever see a set of those it looks like the guards police cars use on front, sticks up above hood like Sarge's tooth on Beetle Bailey comics except on some of these 74s...there are two of them. Guy in MN called me on this with 15 minutes to go in auction I told him 'less than $12K' as it was $9.5K at time. Wished I could pick my NCAA bracket and NFL teams like that as called this one. Not sure if the MN guy bought it as he was bidding and I had other calls coming in. Someone got a unusual, nice looking late AMX, only 1884 made with 304 2barrel. Best of all as I told him 'drop a 401 5speed in it' as setup for a standard already.
Eddie Stakes
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825 days
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx