Re: [AMC-list] Oil filters and Concord 4 speed

Fram's top of the line filters tested good, but the orange ones are disgusting. Open one for yourself and see the carboard ends that are loose. Sometimes the element is already split open (it "bursts" open if your oil gets it too dirty) I have blown globs of filter elements out of the oil gallery of motors including my own which had only used Fram since the dealer waranty ran out. Some people do fine (with the pre '00 filters before the Chinese company started making them for allied Signal they were decent)

From: Jeff D <mr_amc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: AMC list Main list <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Oil filters and Concord 4 speed

Oil filter Questions??

 OK, at one time 10 years ago, Consumer reports tested Fram to be one of the best oil filters.
 I have always liked the PH11, instead of the PH25, since it was bigger.

Is there something I don't know??

I would love to hear what the list thinks about good, better, best, as far as oil filters.

I got my 80 Concord out of storage this week.
258, 4 speed, dealer A/C

I believe it is an SR4 trans??
Hopefully can get the correct clutch, since is slips..

Any ideas?  I THINK it is different then the clutch in my 75 Hornet with the T150 trans..

 Thanks.
Have a great AMC day,

 Jeff