Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:44:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Borg Warner Flash-O-Matic Transmission
	Question

Just my opinion, but because the screen is open, there is no opportunity to create a vacuum at the screen (unless of course it is completely blocked by debris or whatever). I suspect that the gasket is there to keep unfiltered oil from bypassing the screen. If, having recently inspected your installation, you don't there is any opportunity for oil to bypass the screen, don't worry about it.

Joe Fulton